Saturday 6 October 2012

Detention Review and Other Cheese to match it..



Well, first I have to say is there is a lot going on in this movie.. At first glace you might chalk it up as another "Scream", or teenie horror flick, but that is totally not the case with this movie. Right from the beginning you can see that there is something different about this movie, a kind of "Scott Pilgram vs The World" feel. The basic plot outline provided by IMDB goes like this :
As a killer named Cinderhella stalks the student body at the high school in Grizzly Lake, a group of co-eds band together to survive while they're all serving detention.




This description doesn't even scratch the surface of this strange, quirky comedy-horror. With funny 80s and 90s references and a bizarre story twist, I found myself pleasantly surprised and entertained. Throughout the movie I was saying " Wtf, lol "... and felt satisfied with the level of gore and mayham. I wish I could say more about this movie but as a return reader to my blog, you may notice I am a man of few words, and kind of suck at reviewing haha...I would recommend this movie to fans of such films as the fore mentioned and other strange horror flicks like this incomplete list:

TERRORVISION (1986) 


NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (1986)


FEAST (2006)


TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL (2010)


DEAD ALIVE aka BRAIN DEAD (1992)


No comments:

Post a Comment